July 9, 2012

Author Interview: Sherri Rabinowitz

Please welcome to Feed My Need, the fabulous author, Amy Metz!




When and why did you begin writing?

I began when I was a small child. I was given a sentence to write a myth with that was suppose to be a few lines. I wrote 10 pages. I received an A and I was hooked.

When I was in college I began writing poetry and short stories. People seemed to love them, I always wrote after that. I wrote fanzines for both Star Trek and Xena. Slowly I spread out to many forms of writing. I discovered my great love for it and here I am.


What was the hardest part of writing your book? What is the easiest?

The hardest part was creating the agency and story around the time travel. It took me a lot of re-writes to create the agency. It came to me at work, when I conceived the idea I was a travel agent.

The easy part was the love stories. Ask anyone I know,  I am a mush.


What music do you listen to while you write?

I usually listen to show tunes.


What inspires you? 

Oh, a lot of things. I love to watch movies and plays. I love to read. I get inspired by beautiful paintings and the ocean. I am often inspired by dreams, several of my stories came from a dream including Fantasy Time Inc. I get it where ever I can get it.


Do you have any hidden talents? 

I can sing pretty well, I use to be in the choir at school and I did a few musicals.


What are your current projects?

Um…several, I am writing a children’s book, a historical drama, a young persons adventure, a memoir, a play and two screenplays.


What book are you reading now?

I am reading The Universe in a Single Atom by the Dali Lama and The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. I just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and Storm Surge 2 by Melissa Good.


Quick: Vampires or Shape shifter? Why?

Shapeshifter.  Never a fan of vampires except George Hamilton in Love At First Bite.


Do you have any advice for other writers?
 
Write. It sounds trite but all I can say is write your head off, write all the time anything you can. Send it out to fiction sites for free, get feedback. it’s the only way to learn. I think if you don’t learn your not really living.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I love you. All the people, even the people who are critical of me, I just love that they are reading. Since reading seems to be such a dying art. And that your reading my books is such a great honor. Thank you, I am nothing but grateful.

 

 Into the Future

In the future we as a people will be going through many strange and conflicting changes. We will be traveling and living in space and under water. We will have an even better network of communications and transportations but we will still need to have a vacation and to relax from this antiseptic new environment. People will need an escape and most people dream of the future and the past, because no one romanticizes about their own time.

Want to learn more about this author and her books? Check out her website here and her blog here!


No comments:

Post a Comment