August 20, 2012

Author Spotlight: J.A. Campbell

Please welcome to Feed My Need, J.A. Campbell!




Julie writes fantasy novels. When she’s not out riding her horse, she can usually be found sitting in front of her computer with a cat on her lap and her dog at her side. You can find out more about her and her writing here






Senior year is supposed to be fun: boys, dances and graduation.

It’s significantly harder to enjoy it when you’re dead.

Truth or Dare is supposed to be fun too. It’s not even close to dangerous, so playing
at Steph’s house didn’t seem like a bad idea. My dare? Spend the rest of the night in
the graveyard next to her house. It was only a couple of hours until false dawn, my
proscribed return time, so no big deal right? Right.

I survived the attack, but it took me a few days to figure out what was going on. I mean
vampires might stalk pop culture, but they’re just myths. Yeah. Not so much.


School is a lot more difficult when you’re a nocturnal creature of the night. I was
managing, but I couldn’t keep it hidden from my friends for long. After I managed to
accidentally save one of our cheerleaders from her drunk and ill-intentioned boyfriend.
Steph decided that we should be cool, like superheroes, and fight crime.

Only I’m a vampire, not a hero, and we live in a sleepy New England town, so crime’s a
little harder to come by. At least it is until a serial killer moves into the area. He’s got
the authorities stumped, but then again, the cops don’t have a teenage, blood-sucking,
non-hero on their team.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to get to know you better Julie. I'll keep an eye out for your book next time I'm shopping for a new read. :-)

    ReplyDelete