March 19, 2012

Authors Interview: Two For the Price of One!

Please welcome the delightful YA authors of Immortal Prophecy, Samantha and Kay!
Immortal Prophecy (The Immortal Prophecy Saga)

Check out their gorgeous websites here and here!

When and why did you begin writing?

Samantha: I have been writing little things here and there since I was in the fourth grade, but never anything serious until Immortal Prophecy. I’ve always had a secret desire to write a novel. I write because it’s my passion and there is nothing else I want to do or enjoy more than getting lost in writing.

Kay: I always wanted to write a novel and so did Sam. It was just great timing for us both. The idea came and took on a life of its own, such an amazing time.


What was the hardest part of writing your book? What is the easiest?

Samantha: The easiest part was the actual writing and typing of the book. It was so much fun, sitting down and planning what was going to happen to our characters. The hardest part for me was finding the time to write. My son was only a few months old when we started, so I had to work around him. Mostly I was writing long hours into the night.

Kay: Making sure the characters were believable and that they were as likeable as we wanted them to be. That was the hardest part. The easiest part was coming up with the idea of the storyline and overall plot. It was a lot of fun to let my imagination run wild and have fun with it.


What music do you listen to while you write?

Samantha: The music varies, depending on what scene I am writing at the time but I listen to a lot of Muse, Christina Perri, Lady Antebellum, Bruno Mars and The Twilight Saga soundtracks have a lot of great writing music on them too.

Kay: Depends on my mood, but I’m partial to Maroon 5.


What inspires you?

Samantha: So many things! I love the night for its peace and serenity, watching the stars, music, reading, quotes that make you think and of course, my husband and my son.

Kay: Sunsets, watching the ocean and my beloved grandson.


Do you have any hidden talents?

Samantha: Bargain hunting! If there is a bargain somewhere, I will find it.

Kay:
I have been known to sing if pressed!


What are your current projects?

Samantha: At the moment, we have started writing the second installment of the series so that is keeping us busy. On the side, I am going to be doing a Diploma of Editing and a Diploma of Creative Writing. It’s something I love and will make us better writers and editors.

Kay: I’m looking into learning collages and art as an expression of self-knowledge.


What book are you reading now?

Samantha: I’m actually reading two books, “Meeting Destiny” by Nancy Straight and “The Chosen” which is part of the Night World series, by L.J Smith.

Kay: “The Taking” by Dean Koontz.


Quick: Vampires or Shapeshifter? Why?

Samantha: Vampires! I think it is that mystery that always surrounds a vampire and let’s be honest, they are always gorgeous, can take care of you and have a bad boy streak which every girl seems to love.

Kay: Shapeshifters. I loved the movie “Lady hawk” with Michelle Pfeifer.


Do you have any advice for other writers?

Samantha: Go for it! Don’t worry about plotting too much at first cause you can get lost in the ‘oh but what if it’s not good enough’ etc. Start writing and see what happens and where your characters take you. Write the first chapter and see what you have got, then start plotting again. Sometimes making your fingers run over the keyboard can be the hardest part of writing.

Kay: Just do it!


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Samantha and Kay: Thank you for taking the time to read Immortal Prophecy. We really hope you enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it. Readers and Fans, we love to hear from you! Come and say hi to us!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview. I definitely plan to take a look at "Immortal Prophecy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Savannah! Thanks for stopping by and reading the interview!

    I'm glad I brought you to their attention. Thye are awesome and they seem really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete