June 18, 2012

Author Interview: Ednah Walters

Please welcome to Feed My Need, the lovely YA and adult romance author, Ednah Walter!
Slow Burn
 
When and why did you begin writing?

I started to write after I decided to be a stay-at-home mother. Writing gave me balance when I was going nuts. Seriously, being a stay-at-home mother is really, really hard, so kudos to women who do it and make it seem so easy (while making us struggling mothers look bad)

 
What was the hardest part of writing your book? What is the easiest?

The hardest is the ending. Why? You have to tie all loose ends, so everything wraps up neatly. The beginning is the easiest. The possibilities are endless and it’s exciting to write.

 
What music do you listen to while you write?

I love music and have eclectic taste—pop, R&B, and Jpop and Kpop, even though I don’t understand Japanese and Korean, and of course, classic rock.

I love Pink, Evanescence, Adam Lambert, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion…

For fight scenes, 30 Seconds to Mars, Survivor, Becca, and Bon Jovi.

Awakened (Book One of the Guardian Legacy)
What inspires you?

My children. I see them push themselves to excel at thing I can and will never do and I’m humbled—like watching my 7 year old ski or skate, or my swimmers zip across the pool. They make me want to be the best at what I do. Corny, I know, but it is the truth.

 
Do you have any hidden talents?

I wish. I’m a very boring person, lol.

 
What are your current projects?

I just finished HUNTED and will start FORGOTTEN next month although I have Lil in my head begging me to write that first chapter. Hehehe, I love writing opening chapters. I might do it anyway just to shut her up. I’m presently working on my next adult romance book and the first book of a lighter YA series I’m working on. 


What book are you reading now?

Existence by Abbi Glines. It is a YA paranormal…fun!!!


Quick: Vampires or Shapeshifter? Why?

Vampires. They are classy, beautiful yet deadly, like a viper. Plus who doesn’t love a guy who must fight his instinct to kill her just because he loves her.
Betrayed: Book Two of the Guardian Legacy
 
Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write from your heart. Don’t follow trends with the hopes of cashing in. You want to enjoy what you are writing and really connect with your characters. When that happens, the characters will leap off the pages and your readers will notice it.

 
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you for your support. Write to me whenever. I love to hear from readers. Oh, and let’s make the series big, so we can one day see it on a big screen. Several production companies showed serious interest in Awakened. We could make book-to-movie a reality for this series.


Betrayed

Lil isn't just an average teenager. She's one of the Nephilim--the descendants of humans and angels--which gives her some serious psi skills and a mission for redemption. Just when Lil thinks she's found a balance between her normal life with human friends and her training to become a Guardian, she's warned that someone close to her will betray her. 

When the boy she loves starts acting strangely and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability, Lil begins to realize that someone is manipulating the people she loves... and won't stop until she's been lured to the dark side.                  


No comments:

Post a Comment