June 24, 2013

Brood of Fenrir by Coral Moore



Shapeshifter Brand Geirson was raised to rule the Broods of Fenrir, but he refused his birthright. Instead, he killed their brutal leader–his own father–and walked away.

For hundreds of years he’s avoided brood society, until a werewolf kills an innocent human woman and Brand finds himself dragged back into the violent politics of the shapeshifters. When the two brood women who mean the most to him come under threat, he must take up the throne and risk becoming the kind of vicious bastard his father was, or let the broods descend further into chaos–taking the friend he swore to protect and his lover with them.


My Thoughts


I really, really, really wanted to love this book. The book cover looks awesome. The premise sounds cool. But then I started reading the book, and for some reason I couldn't get into it.

I wanted to get into it. It sounded good. But something for me didn't work out. I'll list the positives and negatives.

Positives:

  1. Good character
The main character seemed interesting, at least partially.

    2. Great Cover

The cover is just lovely to look at. 

    3. The graphics and formatting are high quality

I can't argue the fact that whoever did the formatting did a great job. It looks professional and well done. No grammatical errors that I could see.


Negatives:

1. Chunky paragraphs

You guys know how I feel about chunky paragraphs. I can't stand it! It makes the book seem thick and would take forever to read. It's a real pet peeve of mine.

2. No draw in

Nothing about this book excited me. I wanted to be wowed. I wanted to be forced into the action. And trust me, there was some action. It just didn't force me to pay attention. It was more like, "Please pay attention, Larissa. We're about to get to the good part."

Um, no. I don't want to wait for the good part. I want to BE at the good part. And for me, the prologue just wasn't it.

Overall: Would I recommend this book to anyone?

Depends.

If you're more patient to me, then yes. Feel free. However, I just want to be forced into the action. I don't want to wait. I want to be pulled in so far into the book that I don't even realize where I am in real life. 

I want to be submerged into the plot. I want to fall for the characters. I want to cheer for the bad guy.

What? I like bad guys. :)

Anyway, overall, I would give it a shot (this book ISN'T free) because it could have been just me. It could have been my expectations were sky high because of the lovely cover and the great blurb. So try it and see. 

It has great reviews. So it could have been me. I will fully admit that. But as for me, I won't be reading anything else by this author. This book was just not for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment