July 10, 2013

Whatcha Reading? Wednesday




Well, I like to read a lot of books at the same time. I know, worst habit ever, but whatevs. Here's what I'm reading this week. :) I'll probably be reviewing these books next week!


Josie's an average girl who just wants one simple thing out of life--to have sex with a vampire. When she receives an invitation to a party thrown by one of the world's richest vamps, she doesn't stop to question her luck; she jumps into her favorite stilettos and heads out to the event of a lifetime, hoping that she'll come home with a sexy party favor.

But the great undead aren't just pointy toothed hotties waiting to satisfy Josie's carnal desires. With a single-minded focus on fulfilling her sole sexual longing, Josie unwittingly entrenches herself in the twisted world of vampire relationships with no one to guide her but herself.

First Impression:

Quirky and funny so far. I hope she keeps it up. :)




Cooper Reynolds’s life is going to the dogs… literally.

As if being a high school senior in a small Texas town wasn’t hard enough, Cooper has bigger things to worry about than who he’ll take to prom and whether or not the Poisonfoot Padres will win homecoming. He has less than a year before his eighteenth birthday, when a curse placed on his family will doom him to live in coyote form forever.

The last thing he needs to complicate his already messed-up life is a girl, but fate has other plans in mind for him when it brings Eloise “Lou” Whittaker to Poisonfoot. She’s grouchy, sarcastic and has no love for her new Texas home, but she might be exactly the right person to help Cooper break the curse.

The clock is ticking, and Cooper will have to decide if he’s willing to let Lou in on his dirty little secret before it’s too late.


First Impression:

The blurb is too long for my taste, but the premise is interesting. I haven't cracked the spine on this one yet but I did receive this book for free in exchange for a review on NetGalley.


Now, I'll probably finish the vampire dating guide by Friday, and probably post it by Friday. Maybe. We'll see. And Autumn will be posted next week. Since it's only fair. 

I also will have more NetGalley books to review, so please lovely authors out there, do NOT send me any books to review. The book review policy will be back up probably by September-ish, but it's not set in concrete since I might be moving (again) this summer. And that can screw up my perfect timeline.

Well, I think that covers everything. So in the words of a famous cartoon character, "That's all folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment