January 2, 2012

Sales Report for Everblossom and Iwishacana!


Double the books, double the sales!

Which book first? Hmm, we'll look at Everblossom first.

Now here are the sales for Everblossom so far:

October: 1
November: 4
December: 3

Here's the breakdown:

Amazon US: 3
Amazon UK, ES, IT, FR: 0
Smashwords: 0
Barnes and Noble: 0
Print Sales (Createspace): 0

And I know I need to come up with an Excel Sheet and I will soon. As soon as I catch my breath, I will def hop on that and give you all a bar graph. Maybe even a pie graph to see how much marketing I do and what the effect that is.

Yep, that's right: I do marketing. I feel like a little business woman, lol. Seriously though, self-publishing is a business, so I need to act accordingly. So that's what I do. Hopefully, I will give y'all some tips on how to market your book too. But let's get back to sales. 

Now to the most interesting of all: Iwishacana/Acanawishi

As you guys know, I have released this to the masses back in August and I got quite a few sales.

August: 2
September: 0
October: 1

Here's the breakdown of those sales:

Amazon US: 2
Amazon UK, ES, IT, FR: 0
Smashwords: 1
Barnes and Noble: 0 

Now here are the current sales:

December: 0

Breakdown:
Amazon US: 0
Amazon UK, ES, IT, FR: 0
Smashwords: 0
Barnes and Noble: 0
Print Sales: 0 

Here are the previous sales report (if you're curious) here.

I know this looks all so disappointing, but you know what? Sales are so up in the air in the first place. I'm so glad that I have 6 plus readers who were willing enough to buy my books and try me out. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this too shall pass. 

I know what you're thinking, "Wow, how can she be so sure that things will get better?"

Well, I have a lot promotional things going on next month. I have the Iwishacana/Acanawishi Tour coming up (starts January 3rd, check it out here for more details), I also have Iwishacana/Acanawishi going for free at LibraryThing (pick up your copy here) and my book cover was even featured in an art show here

Not to mention some reviews of Everblossom I didn't even catch herehere, and here

I know this may prove fuel for the fire for traditionalist, who might say, "See? This is exactly why you need a traditional publisher! To get your book into the right hands, and to get it marketed!"

But you know what I say to the traditionalists: Who's to say my books would even make it into 6 readers hands without self-publishing?

Poetry and short stories aren't going to be traditional published by anyone in this economy. Iwishacana/Acanawishi might have had a chance, but who's to say? It would be sitting in my desk waiting instead of being read and enjoyed by the people I'm in this for: The readers. 

Therefore, I will admit this is a minor setback, but I am so glad that I'm being read enjoyed by readers. Now all I have to do is spread the word about my books to more and more people.

Tricky, but I think I can do it. :)

And if you have any questions, concerns, success stories of your own, then please feel free to leave it here!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lois for stopping by, leaving a comment and becoming a follower! I am now a follower of your blog.

    Don't make yourself a stranger and feel free to come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KT, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    I know! I'm so glad that at least six people are willing to give my book a try! So, even though my sales weren't what I expected, I'm blessed to have a few angels buy my book and hopefully enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete